These caramelized ramp bulbs are a delicious treat by themselves or an excellent choice for a unique side dish!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds of ramp bulbs
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter in an oven proof sauté pan over medium heat. The pan should be large enough to hold all of the ramp bulbs in a single layer.
- Add bulbs and cook until they begin to brown slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and toss, continuing to cook until sugar melts and begins to bubble, about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and vinegar and cook for about 5 minutes longer.
- Place the pan in the oven, uncovered, and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove to a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve while still warm.
- Serves 4-6 people as a side dish.
- (For a smaller serving, just halve all ingredients.)