A tasty and healthy breakfast all in one bowl!
4 thick slices of country style bread, cubed
12 stalks mini asparagus, cut in 3
4 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 bunch fresh parsley
1/2 bunch fresh mint
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts + extra for serving
juice from 1 lemon
grated zest from 1 lemon
pinch of red chili flakes
1/2 cup Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 380F.
- Place the bread, asparagus and ramps on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Place herbs, pine nuts, lemon, chili and oil in a blender and blend until smooth. If its to thick just add a little more oil.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add a little vinegar, poach the eggs for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl start with the bread, then asparagus and ramps, then the egg, pine nuts and finish off with the lemon herb sauce.