Wild Ramps Order Form

Fresh Wild Ramps – Wild Leeks For Sale

No more orders are being taken for 2016.

The final shipments of 2016 will be going out on 4/25.

Thanks for a great season!

Your wild ramps orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day delivery) and all prices include shipping. (US shipping only)

Ramps and other fresh edibles are highly perishable and fragile. For this reason you should have them shipped at a location where you are available to receive your shipment when it comes.Your work is a great place to have your ramps shipped to if you have cannot be home to accept delivery.

Expect your ramps to be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday. Someone should be available to accept delivery. USPS will drop the package if no one is there.

In rare cases of severe weather, USPS planes run behind schedule. USPS nor Wild West Virginia Ramps stand behind perishables which spoil due to inclement weather. Please advise if your order is way late and we will try to make a claim and get you out another shipment.

Ramps may lose up to a tenth of a pound per pound due to water evaporation during shipment.

Ramps do come from the woods so don’t be alarmed if you find some ants or other bugs on the ramps. These guys also know what’s good! Clean, cook, and enjoy.

If your order does not arrive fresh, and has spoiled, know that every possible step has been taken. I will try to make it right with you with another shipment, but you will have to pay for the shipping costs again.

By placing your order, you have agreed to these terms.

It’s that time of year again in West Virginia. The fresh spring air is filled with the pungent smell of Wild Ramps growing deep in the mountains. A lot of people have been suggesting that I go out and dig some ramps for them. While I don’t mind doing this for a few people, the amount of people wanting the ramps has far exceeded my means of giving them away for only a shipping charge. I am now selling ramps, and will strive to bring you the best ramps on the internet.

Ramps appear first in their southern range in late March. The season finally ends in the far north in early-to-mid May.

The folk medicine reputation which holds both Ramps and Wild Leeks to be powerful healers turns out to be well deserved. They are high in Vitamins C and A, and full of healthful minerals and have the same cholesterol-reducing compounds found in garlic and other members of this family.

This is a seasonal item with selling dates ranging from March to May. If you can see the payment buttons above, then I have fresh ramps that are ready to be shipped!

I dig your fresh ramps each weekend. All orders are packed and shipped out Monday and Tuesday. (I don’t like to ship later in the week because I don’t want anyone’s ramps to have to sit in a mail truck over the weekend.)

1. hello bucky, how many young leaks are there in a pound……{count}

• It will vary by size, but I will try to get an average count tonight when we get back from digging.

• I ordered five pounds on Tuesday but have not seen them.:(

• Hi Robert. I only dig ramps on the weekends, and I only ship on Monday’s and Tuesdays. I accumulate a weeks worth of orders before I ship. All orders that were placed on the 5th and later will be shipped out this Monday the 13th. You should receive a shipping notice on Sunday the 12th as I prepare the shipping labels for this weeks orders. I need to explain this better on the order page.

2. Hi, I just ordered ramps from you. I was reminded to make sure we get ones with leaves on them rather than just the bulbs. One year we ordered too early and they didn’t have the leaves yet. We eat the green part, too! Also, when do they ship?

3. Barbara Grubbs

April 4, 2014 at 10:09 am

How do I order ramps.

4. Barbara, do you see the paypal button in the post above? You have to order through that.

5. Can I add more to my order just by making another order? I’m trying to bribe my brother to come help move…. 🙂 Also, have any good recommendations on canning recipes for ramps?

6. Vanessa, there was a book at our library called “The Foothills Cuisine of Blackberry Farm” that had a canned ramps recipe in it. I was upset because gorgeous ramps were on the cover but it only had ONE recipe in it!

7. Sarah Atcheson

April 8, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Can I order 6 lb.?

8. Sarah Atcheson

April 8, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Please help, I ordered ramps last year from a different address and now I can,t get the new info thru, I have tried about 5 times without sucess.I am 82 and my memory
    Is not too good and I am getting too confused to keep trying. Thanks

9. I was wondering if you need help in filling your orders. My holler is full of wild ramps you could say over ran with them. I dig for myself and older neighbors.
    Thanks Tracy

10. It sure does.

11. I would like some ramp bulbs, maybe 3 dozen or so.

12. I’d purchase some bulbs to see if I could get them to grow here! I tried with seeds and didn’t have any luck.

13. Yes how much

14. Yes I Would Be Interested In Bulbs

15. Krystal Ashcraft

January 9, 2015 at 12:20 pm

I live in western Washington State, not sure if the climate here is good for growing ramps, but I’d sure be interested in trying!

• I am a truck driver and have found ramps growing in several north western states. These are some of the states. ND, MN, IL, MI, Have not found in MT, or WA states.

16. Yes I’d be interested in trying the bulbs

18. yup I knew it was early but figgered better get started now

19. Do you buy ramps

20. I live in Ohio. There are some ramps around here, but not like in W.Va. How much would it cost for 5 lbs. of bulbs?

21. Helene Mcdaniels

March 24, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Are the ramps ready?

22. don’t forget about me

23. how much does a bushel of ramps weight roughly?

24. A bushel of ramps would weigh about maybe 20lbs

25. I live in Chesapeake Virginia. Approximate date you will be taking orders for shipment? Since living down here, I really miss them.

26. I plan on ordering a pound to replant them the weekend after receiving them. Should I refrigerate them for those few days?

27. Did you ever find out the approximate number of ramps per pound? I was also wondering if the ramps come untrimmed so they are still good for transplanting?

28. Would the ramps be plantable when they arrive? I have a wooded area on a northeast facing slope in the piedmont of North Carolina and I want to grow some ramps if possible on my little farm. If they aren’t plantable, I still would like to order them for eating!

29. What is the best time to order ramps. I like them with leaves and medium size white part. Are they cleaned when shipped. When is the latest you can order before you sell out.

• They are not cleaned when shipped. If you want that size ramp, next week would probably be a good time to order. The latest to order is when they start to flower. That should be about 4 weeks from now.

30. What are they shipped in?

31. Aloha! West Virginia native here, now residing in Hawaii. Can you legally ship ramps here?

32. what part of wva are you located .

33. How long will they last refrigerated. Can they be frozen or what’s the best way to keep them stored to last longer Thank you, I’m trying to revive a memory for my father. He always talks and finding and eating ramps as they found them!

• You can keep them chilled for a week or two. In the freezer they will last much longer especially if you vacuum pack them. After they are cleaned of course.

34. Cereta Pearson

April 8, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Hi Bucky. I placed a order on April 5 2015 for two pounds. I haven’t received and shipping info yet. Do you have an idea when they’ll get here. Thanks

35. I placed my order on 4/6. Got confirmation with receipt # 1441-6748-1398-7879. Please let me know if you received my order.

• Yes. You are in the next batch… Shipping on Monday. I always take a full weeks orders, dig them all on the weekend, and ship on Monday’s and Tuesdays.

36. ok thanks

37. Can tHey be shipped overseas ? My friend in Sweden wants some. He’s never had them before.

38. That would be great…Thank you

39. Still taking orders and are they shipped skinned and cleaned or as is?

40. Lol actually took time to read all the comments. I see how they are shipped now. Anyway, how long are you taking orders?

41. im interested in ordering some some for my husband could the be shipped to arkansas without going bad

42. Looking forward to getting your ramps! I want try to make it to one of the festivals in WV this weekend or next, but I wanted to make sure I got them just in case. It is hilarious how many folks ask about dirt being on them!!

43. how soon can i order…

44. k do i need to send a money order or how do i need to pay

45. Received my ramps today, cleaned them, cooked them and now we are in a food coma! lol. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! Think I’m gonna order more tomorr before they’re gone. THANKS SO MUCH

46. Can you pant these ramps?

47. Is it possible to come to you to get them?

• I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere…

• That’s my favorite destination. I see you are in Greenbrier Cty. That’s just out of my range. I’ve got a place up in Hardy Cty, had you been near there, I would be there within hours of you diggin’. 🙂

48. When will you be taking your last orders? We got some from you last week SO SO SO GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Been really wantin to try these. Can’t wait to get my order I just placed.

50. cassandra reid

May 19, 2015 at 10:26 am

Do Ramps grow in this Gulf Coast area? Is there a place I can get starter bulbs?

51. Goodness! People ask some crazy a$$ questions. I wonder how you have actual time to complete orders between answering them. Do a google search and realize that the mail/shipping system is an approximation at best, ripening doesn’t work by a schedule, and that a small ag business sometimes doesn’t either. I don’t expect a reply. Keep up the good work. I admire what you are doing!

52. Jennifer Hatfield Stallings

December 29, 2015 at 8:52 am

Is there an email list or wait list I can get on for the 2016 ramp season? I live in Eastern NC and would like to try to plant some. So you think they will take root and grow here? Do you send planting instructions with them? Thank you, McDowell county native.

53. How would I go about buying some ramp bulbs to plant? Price/quantity?

54. Hi! When do you begin orders for this year (2016) and your price, please. Thank you!

• It generally around the last week of March or the first week of April. Prices to be determined for this year. Sign up for the newsletter and I will email everyone once they are available.

• Please add me to your mailing list to let me know when ramps are available for shipping:

Thanks so much, Judy

• Hi Judy. I deleted your email address from your comment. You don’t want everyone to get hold of it.

If you want on the mailing list, just sign up via the big yellow newsletter button near the top of this post.

55. let me know also when you are ready to start shipping.

56. Hi when can I order?

• The last week of March is usually when they are up and we start shipping….depending on the weather. It could be a week earlier or a week later.

57. I have looked all over this page, and do not see an emblem for pay pal, or the actual order form. Where is the form and how do I get to it.

58. I just placed an order for 5 lbs but reading your comments that there is very little “greens” on these that are being dug now. Will you hold my order back a week or so so that mine have some greens on them, we like that part of the plant also.

• I will do my best to remember this….

• well in that case just go ahead and ship my order. My account has already been debited anyway so Ill take what I can get. Thank you!! will I get a shipment notification?

• Yes – you will get a shipment notification. Your order will be shipping out on Monday the 28th.

• well I received my order, and yes we have ate all 5 pounds all ready and have placed a re-order YUM!!!!!!!!! the only “negative” thing is that when the ramps came, it seemed like the ramps had been dug a while or maybe it was the 2 days in shipping, but some of the ramps had mold starting on them. I know its probably because they are shipped with the moist dirt still on them but even so they were awesome!!!!

59. When will they get larger? The ones I got are young I’d like some bigger stronger when should I order send me a link for 1 lb when the are bigger thanks.Jim

60. Got my ramps in today!! 🙂 Hot dog Im eating ramps tonight for supper YUMMMMMM!!!!! and these are much bigger than the last order, note to self for next year be patient and order a little later, but there so good I don’t know if I can wait that long LOL!!!!!

61. Vernon Thompson

April 13, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Dear Sir, will I be able to plant the ramps you mail out? I want to try to get some started on my property. I live in Wayne County. Thank you for your time.

62. just ordered 1 pound, hope that’s enough for 2

• well the ramps got lost in the postal service for a couple days, and they smell really good, but not happy with the amount, just doesn’t seem like no where near a pound of ramps, and I understand it can loose a little water weight, but when I only live like an hour or so from the location,, still not the amount I had hoped for, but thanks

• These ramps were very large and most of the weight is in the stems and the bulbs. Earlier in the season, you get most of the weight in the leaves because the bulbs haven’t started to swell yet.

63. maurice Grants

April 24, 2016 at 8:47 pm

I ordered 2 lbs last year. It was a good amount for several wonderful meals for two.

64. Wanda Hoskinson

April 25, 2016 at 5:21 pm

how do i order

65. How much do you sell your leeks compound? I know it’s too late to order. But I would still like to know

Talk Back! Leave A Comment!