Wild Ramps Order Form

Fresh Wild Ramps – Wild Leeks For Sale

No more ramp orders are being taken for 2015. The final orders will be shipping out on 4/27.

Ramp Seasoning will be available soon.

Freshly Dug Ramps

Your wild ramps orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day delivery) and all prices include shipping. (US shipping only)

Ramps and other fresh edibles are highly perishable and fragile. For this reason you should have them shipped at a location where you are available to receive your shipment when it comes.Your work is a great place to have your ramps shipped to if you have cannot be home to accept delivery.

Expect your ramps to be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday. Someone should be available to accept delivery. USPS will drop the package if no one is there.

In rare cases of severe weather, USPS planes run behind schedule. USPS nor Wild West Virginia Ramps stand behind perishables which spoil due to inclement weather. Please advise if your order is way late and we will try to make a claim and get you out another shipment.

Ramps may lose up to a tenth of a pound per pound due to water evaporation during shipment.

Ramps do come from the woods so don’t be alarmed if you find some ants or other bugs on the ramps. These guys also know what’s good! Clean, cook, and enjoy.

If your order does not arrive fresh, and has spoiled, know that every possible step has been taken. I will try to make it right with you with another shipment, but you will have to pay for the shipping costs again.

By placing your order, you have agreed to these terms.

It’s that time of year again in West Virginia. The fresh spring air is filled with the pungent smell of Wild Ramps growing deep in the mountains. A lot of people have been suggesting that I go out and dig some ramps for them. While I don’t mind doing this for a few people, the amount of people wanting the ramps has far exceeded my means of giving them away for only a shipping charge. I am now selling ramps, and will strive to bring you the best ramps on the internet.

Ramps appear first in their southern range in late March. The season finally ends in the far north in early-to-mid May.

The folk medicine reputation which holds both Ramps and Wild Leeks to be powerful healers turns out to be well deserved. They are high in Vitamins C and A, and full of healthful minerals and have the same cholesterol-reducing compounds found in garlic and other members of this family.

This is a seasonal item with selling dates ranging from March to May. If you can see the payment buttons above, then I have fresh ramps that are ready to be shipped!

I dig your fresh ramps each weekend. All orders are packed and shipped out Monday and Tuesday. (I don’t like to ship later in the week because I don’t want anyone’s ramps to have to sit in a mail truck over the weekend.)

91 Comments

1. hello bucky, how many young leaks are there in a pound……{count}

• It will vary by size, but I will try to get an average count tonight when we get back from digging.

• I ordered five pounds on Tuesday but have not seen them.:(

• Hi Robert. I only dig ramps on the weekends, and I only ship on Monday’s and Tuesdays. I accumulate a weeks worth of orders before I ship. All orders that were placed on the 5th and later will be shipped out this Monday the 13th. You should receive a shipping notice on Sunday the 12th as I prepare the shipping labels for this weeks orders. I need to explain this better on the order page.

2. Hi, I just ordered ramps from you. I was reminded to make sure we get ones with leaves on them rather than just the bulbs. One year we ordered too early and they didn’t have the leaves yet. We eat the green part, too! Also, when do they ship?

3. Barbara Grubbs

April 4, 2014 at 10:09 am

How do I order ramps.

4. Barbara, do you see the paypal button in the post above? You have to order through that.

5. Can I add more to my order just by making another order? I’m trying to bribe my brother to come help move…. :) Also, have any good recommendations on canning recipes for ramps?

6. Vanessa, there was a book at our library called “The Foothills Cuisine of Blackberry Farm” that had a canned ramps recipe in it. I was upset because gorgeous ramps were on the cover but it only had ONE recipe in it!

7. Sarah Atcheson

April 8, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Can I order 6 lb.?

8. Sarah Atcheson

April 8, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Please help, I ordered ramps last year from a different address and now I can,t get the new info thru, I have tried about 5 times without sucess.I am 82 and my memory
    Is not too good and I am getting too confused to keep trying. Thanks

9. I was wondering if you need help in filling your orders. My holler is full of wild ramps you could say over ran with them. I dig for myself and older neighbors.
    Thanks Tracy

10. It sure does.

11. I would like some ramp bulbs, maybe 3 dozen or so.

12. I’d purchase some bulbs to see if I could get them to grow here! I tried with seeds and didn’t have any luck.

13. Yes how much

14. Yes I Would Be Interested In Bulbs

15. Krystal Ashcraft

January 9, 2015 at 12:20 pm

I live in western Washington State, not sure if the climate here is good for growing ramps, but I’d sure be interested in trying!

16. Yes I’d be interested in trying the bulbs

17. HOW DO I ORDER SOME FOR 2015 SEASON ?

18. yup I knew it was early but figgered better get started now

19. Do you buy ramps

20. I live in Ohio. There are some ramps around here, but not like in W.Va. How much would it cost for 5 lbs. of bulbs?

21. Helene Mcdaniels

March 24, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Are the ramps ready?

22. don’t forget about me

23. how much does a bushel of ramps weight roughly?

24. A bushel of ramps would weigh about maybe 20lbs

25. I live in Chesapeake Virginia. Approximate date you will be taking orders for shipment? Since living down here, I really miss them.

26. I plan on ordering a pound to replant them the weekend after receiving them. Should I refrigerate them for those few days?

27. Did you ever find out the approximate number of ramps per pound? I was also wondering if the ramps come untrimmed so they are still good for transplanting?

28. Would the ramps be plantable when they arrive? I have a wooded area on a northeast facing slope in the piedmont of North Carolina and I want to grow some ramps if possible on my little farm. If they aren’t plantable, I still would like to order them for eating!

29. What is the best time to order ramps. I like them with leaves and medium size white part. Are they cleaned when shipped. When is the latest you can order before you sell out.

• They are not cleaned when shipped. If you want that size ramp, next week would probably be a good time to order. The latest to order is when they start to flower. That should be about 4 weeks from now.

30. What are they shipped in?

31. Aloha! West Virginia native here, now residing in Hawaii. Can you legally ship ramps here?

32. what part of wva are you located .

33. How long will they last refrigerated. Can they be frozen or what’s the best way to keep them stored to last longer Thank you, I’m trying to revive a memory for my father. He always talks and finding and eating ramps as they found them!

• You can keep them chilled for a week or two. In the freezer they will last much longer especially if you vacuum pack them. After they are cleaned of course.

34. Cereta Pearson

April 8, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Hi Bucky. I placed a order on April 5 2015 for two pounds. I haven’t received and shipping info yet. Do you have an idea when they’ll get here. Thanks

35. I placed my order on 4/6. Got confirmation with receipt # 1441-6748-1398-7879. Please let me know if you received my order.

• Yes. You are in the next batch… Shipping on Monday. I always take a full weeks orders, dig them all on the weekend, and ship on Monday’s and Tuesdays.

36. ok thanks

37. Can tHey be shipped overseas ? My friend in Sweden wants some. He’s never had them before.

38. That would be great…Thank you

39. Still taking orders and are they shipped skinned and cleaned or as is?

40. Lol actually took time to read all the comments. I see how they are shipped now. Anyway, how long are you taking orders?

41. im interested in ordering some some for my husband could the be shipped to arkansas without going bad

42. Looking forward to getting your ramps! I want try to make it to one of the festivals in WV this weekend or next, but I wanted to make sure I got them just in case. It is hilarious how many folks ask about dirt being on them!!

43. how soon can i order…

44. k do i need to send a money order or how do i need to pay

45. Received my ramps today, cleaned them, cooked them and now we are in a food coma! lol. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! Think I’m gonna order more tomorr before they’re gone. THANKS SO MUCH

46. Can you pant these ramps?

47. Is it possible to come to you to get them?

• I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere…

• That’s my favorite destination. I see you are in Greenbrier Cty. That’s just out of my range. I’ve got a place up in Hardy Cty, had you been near there, I would be there within hours of you diggin’. :)

48. When will you be taking your last orders? We got some from you last week SO SO SO GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Been really wantin to try these. Can’t wait to get my order I just placed.

Talk Back! Leave A Comment!